Yet another picture sleeping...I can't stop taking pictures!
Saturday, I received the best surprise from my friend Kate! Our mutual friend had her baby Friday night! But, no that wasn't the best surprise...that just meant that she coudln't make an event that she was going to attend with Kate. The event just happened to be my idea of heaven. Chicago Gourmet is like the Taste of Chicago only 100,000 times better. Thousands of wines to taste, liquors to try, and the top chefs from the city preparing samples of their food!!! All this, plus cooking demos by those chefs and classes about food and wine. Needless to say, I was very excited to take Heather's place and Matt had no choice but to offer himself up as Mr. Mom for the day. As my curfew got closer and I knew Leila was probably on the verge of a meltdown, I raced home to find my adorable family cuddled up on the bed together peaceful as can be. What a perfect afternoon!
Sunday, we decided to introduce Leila to two important places: Church and Whole Foods. It was a beautiful day...probably the last of summer, so we enjoyed some time out and about and then of course hurried back for the Bears-Seahawks game. Bears won. Leila cried. I just wanted a nap.
Weekends aren't exactly the relaxing refuge that they once were, but they are fun in a new way because I get to spend time with both the loves of my life...no I'm not talking about football and food silly....
Little Bears Fan
Man, is it me, or does she get cuter and cuter each day?!?!? Jeez!!!
ReplyDeleteits so true!
ReplyDeleteNo fair! You're coercing a small child into Bear-dom. Let her choose...unless it's (a) the Raiders, (b) USC, or (c) Notre #$%&**@$ Dame
ReplyDeleteI presume you were referring to University of South Carolina with your item (b)?
ReplyDeleteLeila needs to root for one winning team at the very least! Trojans Baby Cheer Outfit soon to follow in mail...