Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Days

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days
The weekend comes,
My cycle hums,
I'm ready to race to you....

Why the Happy Days theme song you might be asking? Or maybe not. This is just one of the many random songs that have come to mind when searching desperately for some tune to try and calm my baby down. Happy Days worked for awhile...I'd say I sang it through about 7 times before the crying started again. I of course don't know all the words so its ends up a lot of humming to fill in the question marks and maybe some made up words thrown in here and there. Anyway, I started thinking about what weird songs have been used in the past few weeks and had to laugh. I caught Matt the other day singing the National Anthem, my mom singing some commercial about peanut butter, and then, possibly the most shocking, I caught myself singing a 2 Live Crew song. Not exactly the traditional lullabies that come to mind.

Its funny though what you will do to stop the baby from crying. It becomes a sort of game...like truth or dare...how far will you go? Me, I usually settle on the typical singing combined with the jiggle, bounce, and rocking motions that end up killing my back after about 10 minutes. Matt, he usually goes with a tight swaddle and a loud sssshhhhhhh in her ear. The ssshhhh or course is suppose to sound like what she heard in the womb, although that doesn't seem like much of a comparison, but hey some Dr. said it works and so we try it. And actually it does work a lot of the time...that and our new CD of a vacumn cleaner. Yeah, we actually play this CD everytime we put her down. And that means we listen to it all night long while we "sleep."

I've figured out though that anything is better than listening to your baby cry. So bring on the old TV theme songs, or whatever else the newest baby whisperer doctor has cooked up...I will try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment