Thursday, September 17, 2009

Change is good?

Just when I start feeling like there is some sort of pattern to Leila and her sleeping/eating habits....she changes. After talking to other moms, this seems to be a reoccuring realization within the world of parenting, so I guess I better get used to it.
For a good week or so, she was taking a 2 hour morning nap, followed by eating and then we would go for a walk, she'd fall asleep while walking and stay asleep for about an hour after we'd get home, then eat, then nap...well you get the picture. I had a couple blocks of time to get things done, like eating for example. Two days ago, this all changed.
She has decided that its more fun to stay awake rather than nap, but not just stay awake and chill out, more like I have to hold her the whole time or she starts grunting and fussing. I am now getting nothing done around the house and showering has become a luxury. Oh and eating...you should have seen me yesterday putting a sandwich together with one hand while she was screaming and shoving it in my mouth in about 5 bites. It wasn't pretty.
An exciting change that has come at the same time as this new schedule is that she is now smiling at Matt and I. Its weird how amazing it feels to have your baby smile at you...something I've never felt before and will never get tired of seeing.
Anyway, just as quickly as our former schedule ended, I'm sure this phase too won't last long and we'll be on to new challenges and developments. This is all going so fast already, I don't want to wish it to go any faster, so I'll take the bumps along the way and try to enjoy even the craziest of days.

By the way, Happy Anniversary to my amazing partner in life and the best daddy Leila could hope for!!

Series of paparazzi shots:

Caught on camera!


"Please, no more shots of me today..."


"GET OUT OF MY FACE!!"


Caught sleeping

1 comment: