Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What's up doc?

Today we had Leila's one month doctor's appointment. I know, she is already 5 weeks...our doctor wasn't available last week, hence a delayed visit. The visit was actually pretty uneventful, but we did find out that Leila is already excelling! Well, not really , but she does fall into the 90th percentile for height, measuring in at 22 3/8 inches. She has already grown 2 and 3/8 inches!! She has also proven that, like both mom and dad, she is not afraid to eat, weighing in at 9 pounds, 5 ounces. All I could think of when the doctor reported her weight was that some women give birth to babies this size!! The last measurement done was on the head circumference. For anyone who knows Matt, you know that he is very, very, very smart. And for a brain of that size, he has to have an above average sized head. For those of you who don't know him, I'm not talking abnormally large...he just has to wear baseball hats on the last tab, that's all. My point is that as the doctor wrapped the tape around Leila's head, I saw Matt tense up waiting for the measurement. But, much to his relief, Leila's dome is only in the 25th percentile. In fact, I believe his exact words were, "Thank god her height was in the 90th percentile and not her head." Anyway, besides the report on Leila's growth, we found out she is perfectly healthy and entering a phase in which she may have some gas issues. Oh joy. As if we don't have enough gas in this family, now Leila will add to the combustibility of our condo.

Not much else going on here on this "unoffical end of summer" day. Just the sound of that makes me cringe thinking of the winter that is coming too soon. In fact, I wish the media would stop calling it that because I feel like I missed out on summer all together and I'd like to cling to whatever there is left of it!

Anyway, cut to the best part of each post, the pictures!

Mommy and Leila at 5 weeks old


Leila and Bob doing their morning workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment