Looking cute after a bath...not me silly, her.
Trying out a girly bow...
On to my very interesting thoughts for the day...
So, I was on a walk this morning thinking about how quick we all are to judge other people. Deep thoughts for a morning walk, I know. Seriously though, how many of you see parents reacting one way or another or watch other people's kids and think, "I would NEVER do that..."?? Well, I am certainly to blame. Its funny how quick we are to judge parents when we have no experience being a parent!! Did you hear about the guy who slapped the baby in Walmart for crying? My point exactly...well maybe not exactly since that guy not only probably has no experience as a parent, but is most likely mentally unstable, but still...he judged and he judged unfairly.
Anyway, I am starting to see WHY parents do the things they do that get a bad rap. For example, take the pacifier controversy. Many of you might not have even known there is such controversy, but oh yes, there is. People compare them to a drug, like a baby will get hooked on the pacifier like its heroin or something and then their whole lives will be ruined from this abusive sucking, and they'll never amount to anything but a junkie. Well...I have to admit that I started to fall for this garbage and attempted to avoid the pacifier at all costs for the first month of Leila's life, and looked at babies who had them like, "Oooh, POOR baby...." However, as you may have guessed, Leila now enjoys a good pacifier session here and there because it soothes her and helps her get to sleep...which means Matt and I have an EASIER time getting her to go to bed and we have MORE TIME to enjoy our dinner or the latest episode of Top Chef. Basically, what I'm saying is that I've learned already and will continue to realize that you will do what you have to to make your baby happy and, maybe more importanly, your life easier. Whether this means shoving a pacifier in their mouth or bribing them with candy to behave at the grocery store, I may find myself right there along side that horrible parent I stared down just a short time ago. Don't judge me.
i stalked you. and i love this. :)
ReplyDelete