Weekend Report:
We started our weekend out on Friday night with a real bang...giving Leila a bath! I guess that is just one of the many reminders that our lives have changed here in the Ishikawa household. I think the bath was followed by fish tacos, an hour of television, and we were in bed by 9:30. Well, not only have our daily lives taken a 180, but our social circle is slowly changing also. On Saturday we found ourselves at a friend's house in Wheaton (a far suburb of Chicago for you non-Chicagoans) taking part in a bbq with about 5 other couples and 7 kids under the age of 3. Whoa!!! Talk about a change in scenery! First of all, its funny because even though we have known these people for a couple years, this is the first time we have been invited to their house and I'm guessing that our ticket into this party wasn't Matt and my winning personalities, but rather our pint sized hair model. So I guess we are now part of the parents secret society that we were left out of B.L. (before Leila) The other funny thing about this bbq is that Matt and I both really enjoyed ourselves. A few months back, an afternoon surrounded by toddlers would have been torture, but now....oh it was probably one of the best times I've had in the past month! It was just really nice to relate to others and pick their brains on what we have ahead of us, plus I wasn't the only sober one there...again a change from all those parties where I might have been the only one not sober. Ha ha.
Later that night we continued our suburban adventure and visited Grandma and Grandpa Ish for some dinner. The highlight of the night was when Doug went up to peek in on a sleeping Leila and found the radio that we sat next to her head and had originally turned to white noise, was now tuned into a heavy metal station and Leila was peacefully sleeping to a Led Zepplin guitar solo. The whole fam ran up to watch the spectacle and spent the next 10 minutes staring at her hysterically laughing. One of those moments I wish we had video of because I can't quite put in words just how funny it was...
Oh and speaking of white noise. Its amazing how it immediately puts a stop to the crying. Another funny moment of the weekend occured on our trip out to the burbs when Leila decided to burst into a crying fit. The crying fit was obviously not the funny part, that came when Matt turned the radio to a station with white noise and she shut up instantly...therefore leaving us to continue our drive with loud white noise on the radio. Like I've said before, anything to stop a baby from crying.
We ended our weekend on Sunday with a full day of football. Leila was very accomodating and went to sleep right as the Bears game (side note: we need a vetern wide receiver BAD) started and woke up about 10 minutes after it ended.
And now, for the latest pictures:
Working on her karate moves
Working on holding her head up
This is what Sunday looked like
I may be biased, but what a cutie!!
Sounds like a fun weekend...you need the new iPhone so you can take video and pics of her all the time! Ok not trying to plug it too much but it would have really helped you out. And they have lots of baby apps...ok I'll stop. I'm a junkie.
ReplyDeleteI love all the cute pictures!
I love how Leila sometimes goes cross-eyed :) Didn't "grandpa" (sorry thats weird for me to call dad grandpa..) take video of Leila rockin out to Led Zep?
ReplyDelete