Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a Week!



Sorry for my total slacking this week in the blog department. My excuse, however legitimate or not it may be, is that my mom was in town...which I guess should have freed up some time for me since she did take Leila about 90% of her wakeful time each day, but I found myself busier than usual. catching up on all sorts of things that I normally can't do, like getting a hair cut, running errands, etc. Anyway, now that my house is spotless and the laundry is done (no, these aren't the things I did with my extra free time; my mom actually found time to do these things in addition to freeing me up by watching Leila), I have some time to catch everyone up on the past 5 days.

It's amazing how much a baby can change in just 5 days! First of all, that whole 9 to 10 hours of sleep at night stopped. We are back to the old wake up at 5ish for a snack routine. On a happy note though, yesterday she started grabbing at one of her toys and spinning another one; today she was mimicking sounds we were making; and right now she's actually sitting on the toilet going to the bathroom. Okay, the last one isn't true, but still these are big changes for a gal only 3 1/2 months old. Things that 4 months ago I probably would have thought sounded boring if it was happening to someone else's baby, but now I find myself cheering her on and high fiving with whoever happens to be standing next to me.

So, besides all the fun progress in our little Leila's activities, we spent a great week with my mom as she took in as much Leila time as she possibly could. And I think Leila has enough new cute outfits, courtesy of her Gma, to dress the whole Gosslin crew. We spent our time shopping, baking, and cleaning...how girly of us!...and we have 99 pictures to prove it.

Just hanging out, being cute.


Leila somehow ended up with a cookie cutter on her head as we posed for our annual cooking baking picure...


Ready for a shopping trip!



Bath time!!


Leila about to lose her bow...


Smiling at Gma


Heading out for a walk



Grabbing the butterfly!

Yanking the butterfly...

...and eating the butterfly

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, thank you for posting. i was getting so anxious! can't wait to get my leila fix this week!

    ReplyDelete