Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving: Part Deux

Okay, time for another installment of what I'm thankful for this holiday season.

This time I'd like to give a shout out to my family. Because Matt and I both totally lucked out in the family department, I am happy to say I think we'll be pretty darn good parents. Most people learn by example and both of our families have definitely shown us how to be loving and caring individuals, not just our parents, but our grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, even our pets growing up, Snickers and Muffin (seriously we both had dogs named after food?)...okay, maybe not the dogs, but seriously we really do both have incredible families. I could go through each person and explain why each of them are so amazing and why I'm so blessed that they are in my family, but that could get really long and let's face it, boring. So let me just say that I'm very thankful for all the love and support I've always felt from my own family and so incredibly grateful for the ridiculously wonderful family I married into. I know that because of both sides of my family, Leila will always feel loved and someone will always have her back. Oh and I'm also sure she will have every toy she ever wants.

One reason I started thinking about how thankful I am in general, is because of my mother-in-law and a health scare she had recently. I thought about how much she means to our family and what a great friend she has become to me. It made me think about my own mom and how hard these two ladies have worked during their lives as moms. I think being a mom myself now really makes me appreciate it all even more than I did before. I can't believe I'm fortunate enough to have two amazing moms, knowing that not all moms are like this. I hear girls always complaining about their selfish mothers or their annoying mother-in-laws and I just have to laugh thinking about my two moms and how much I love talking and spending time with both of them! So, yes I am thankful for all my marvelous family members on both sides of the family tree, but I think this year it has become apparent that my moms deserve extra special mention. I can only dream that Leila has such respect and admiration for me when she is all grown up.

Oh and of course here are a couple photos:


One of the many times Gma Ish and Leila ended up in matching outfits. I guess they just have the same taste in clothes...


Leila snoozing in her new cold weather sleep sack. This was, of course, not used over the weekend, as we had two 70 degree days!....in November people!!



Leila showing more confidence with her head holding abilities

No comments:

Post a Comment