I decided that I have so much to be thankful for that I am going to mention them in a few separate blogs so that one entry doesn't become so long that you are no longer interested and find yourselves just thankful when my rambling comes to an end. Hopefully reading about what I'm thankful for will remind you of what you also have to be thankful for in your lives.
I'll start with the obvious choice, no its not our tv, its my Leila of course! After a smooth pregnancy, fairly painless labor and delivery, and the arrival of such a healthy, beautiful daughter, I can say I feel truly blessed. I couldn't ask for a more perfect baby! What makes her and my experience having her even more amazing is that I know the difficulties that other people go through with their pregnancies and babies, and it makes me all the more thankful. Matt and I know two couples that went through horrible, unimaginable experiences this year. One of the couples lost their little girl after only 7 hours of life, while another couple was separated for the final month of the pregnancy so the mom could be near a specialist because their baby was going to be born with a tumor on his lung. With these two events going on so close to Leila being born it really hit home for us and I have found myself thinking each day how grateful I am. Every time I start feeling angry from lack of sleep or annoyed that she is up from a nap early, I just remember how lucky I am to have her here with me in good health. I could go on and on about how thankful I feel for having her in my life now, but I think you get the point. She has changed everything for me and I just couldn't be happier.
Out for a walk
Check out her t-shirt...she's already part of the green revolution!
"What now?! Can't you see I'm busy staring at this new thingamajig?"
No comments:
Post a Comment