Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanksgiving: Tres Leches

Okay, so continuing on with my series of what I'm thankful for...

No, I'm not actually going to talk about Tres Leches (that's just my lame attempt at trying to be witty for part 3 of the series), but this time I decided to lighten it up a bit since I've gotten a little sappy in my last two installments. I'd like to give mention to something I think a lot of us our thankful for, and that's FOOD!!

I think I've always had a strange love of food and to be more exact, eating. I actually had a poster in my room growing up that just had different foods all over it and at the bottom is said, "I Love Food." That about sums it up I guess. I'm thankful for the fact that we always have food in our cupboards, that I have the ability to make good food, that we live in a city with great restaurants, the Food Network, cooking websites, lotions that smell like food...you name it; if it has to do with food, I'm thankful for it.

It's great because I happened to have found someone who loves food about as much as I do to marry! And now, we produced a child who may love it just as much as we do. Yesterday, I was eating a delicious butternut squash soup that I made and thought I would put a little on Leila's lip to see what she would do. Well, she lapped it right up and then smiled from ear to ear. I put a little more on her lip and again, she licked it and grinned! We still have a couple months before she is suppose to be eating solid foods, but I have a hunch it is going to be an easy transition. A family of food lovers!

That's all for today...I'm hungry and I've got a turkey sandwich and a pumpkin cupcake waiting for me.

And today's pictures:

I was trying to keep Leila up until Matt got home last night...but she just couldn't quite hold on...






This is my Cutie Patootie this morning!!

1 comment:

  1. A couple of things.
    1. I laughed out loud in the coffee shop when I read that you had a poster in your room that said "I LOVE FOOD". That's borderline weird. Good thing you've always been skinny or you would have totally gotten made fun of for that as a fat kid with a fat kid poster.
    2. Looove the pics of Leila dosing off to sleep. I would imagine that I look something similar to that when I dose off to sleep in the car.
    3. Leila is starting to look different! Still cuter and cuter by the day, but maybe she's starting to look a little more white?
    4. Just sat and read Pioneer Woman's new cookbook. From front to back. Im glad I have a sister-in-law who love's food and who I can talk to about the latest food network show with.. :)

    ReplyDelete