Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a Difference a Year Makes...

Every since I took those pictures last weekend that were taken in the same spot as my pregnancy pictures, I've been doing a lot of "this time last year..." thinking. I'm sure it also has to do with the fact that Leila is close to being eleven months old. As her birthday approaches, I find myself reflecting upon my first year of motherhood and all the changes, phases, and joys that have been a part of this incredible year. I thought it might be a fun way to journal some of my last days of pregnancy for Leila by using the blog to remember some of the things that were going on last year, at this time.


As I recall, last year this weekend it was a warm one...my mom was visiting for my two showers and I remember I was really starting to feel the heat. Our air conditioning had been broken for several weeks and was finally fixed only to break down again over the weekend, and Matt was out of town for a friend's wedding. Obviously I survived, and had an amazing time at my showers that were so thoughtfully put together by friends and family. Looking back at those pictures now, I can remember so vividly the excitement of soon trying all the outfits on Leila and putting her room together with all my new gifts!





Well, flash forward to this past weekend...now my little Leila who I couldn't even imagine would be an wonderful as she is, is on the brink of turning one!

Friday, Leila and I spent some time just hanging out at our neighborhood park, eating snacks, and watching kids play and bums nap.

Relaxing and snacking...


Shoving some puffs in


Her style of pointing...


Saturday, Leila and I were very social. We started our day with Leila's first trip to the farmer's market, then met Matt for lunch, and later were off to an early dinner with some friends and their baby. With all that action, I had no time for pictures...but it was a great day.

Sunday, we decided to do some projects around the house. We took a family trip to Home Depot and, or course, made our outing an excuse to stop somewhere for lunch. It was at lunch that Matt and I realized Leila's appetite has really matured. Why, you ask? Long story short, we ended up buying her her own turkey burger and she ate the. whole. thing. Okay, only half the bun, but the entire patty! How crazy is that?!



She is just getting so big! "Look Ma, no handles!"


And the battle between baby and cat continues...

1 comment:

  1. Wow....a WHOLE turkey burger is more than Grandma can eat!!

    ReplyDelete