Summer has officially started! Being that Leila has inherited the "Hammamoto Hot Head," I fear that summer in Chicago may not be Leila's favorite season. The poor girl sweats just from sitting in a sunny patch on the carpet, in our air-conditioned condo. Nevertheless, I'm excited for the season and experiencing it for the first time with Leila.
Sweet Leila sitting in the park
This week Leila really began enjoying her newfound freedom that has come with crawling! She has put all her new skills to work and figured out how to get around quickly and pull up on everything she can reach. She is so proud of herself! Her first mission since developing her mobility has been to catch Bob. Mission impossible? Yes. But, I can tell she has been putting together a plan for months now and is very determined and excited to execute it now that she can.
Leila's hunt begins...
She goes low, but Bob slips away...
She takes post behind the couch...creeping up to see if Bob is near...
She sees him, and takes a moment to plan her next move...
She's off!!! Watch out Bob!!!
The showdown between cat and baby begins!
Leila makes the first move...
And without any hesitation, Bob moves to his safe haven.
Leila wasn't going to waste her time on disappointment...she's off to something else!
Like being really cute
And amazed she is actually watching the same video for the millionth time...
Some other random pictures from the week:
Who needs tableware when a perfectly Bob-hair-filled carpet can hold your food?
Just woke up from a nightmare (and for some reason I think of taking a picture?)
A smile to melt your heart...
These are the types of pictures Matt takes while I'm at work...what is going on?!
Happy First Week of Summer!!!
Love this girl so so much!
ReplyDeletei literally laughed out loud when i saw the bob/leila play by play! she's so funny!!!!
ReplyDeleteProof Leila and I are related: the photo Matt took looks like she is slow. Made me laugh so hard.
ReplyDelete