Sunday, June 6, 2010

Loving Leila



Definitely the easiest thing I've ever had to do is love Leila. Even if you've never met her, you probably love her. Just look at that face! Oh, but it goes so far beyond her off the charts cuteness and light-up-your-world-smile, it's her spirit, her personality, her determination, her whole being that makes loving her just so easy. Well, all that, and the fact that I'm her mom.

This past week, we celebrated Leila's 10 month birthday! Amazing. Her first birthday is quickly approaching and I simply cannot believe it. 10 month birthday or not, Leila definitely did not need for any extra attention or love this week (not that she ever does!), as it was time for the much anticipated visit by Grandma Shirley (Grandma Lee, for short). Much anticipated not only by my mom, but by Matt and I as well, because we were able to enjoy a few date nights, naps, and a vacation from dish duty! Leila seemed to remember Grandma Lee almost immediately...which made my mom very happy...and the two have been practically inseparable since her arrival on Tuesday.

A few pictures from the week:

Smiling for Grandma's first picture of her visit (about 5 minutes after arriving)


Posing for Grandma...again.


While I was gone at work, Leila was reading to Grandma


What a ham!


This is how I found Grandma and Leila when I got home...



Leila is finally becoming much more able to pick up food and feed herself. This is a good and bad thing...meal time has become MUCH more messy, but it's also nice to not have to sit and feed her every bite. Her growing independence really shines through during meal time, as she much prefers feeding herself to being fed. How do I know? Oh, she lets you know, trust me.

Cheesing it up for the picture while eating cheese!


This is her technique: pick it up and shove near mouth...


Then backhand it into her mouth (sometimes she has to use her entire arm)...


It's summer! Time for some shades!


Not a fan.


After a long day at Grandma and Grandpa Ish's...


Miss Independent thinks she big stuff standing at her table



Afternoon at the park:

Loving the tunnel


Fun on the swing...


Once again I ask, could she be any cuter?!!!


More swinging (there isn't much else she can do at the park, okay?)


Crazy hair...


A walk on the bridge...


Us three girls

2 comments:

  1. not fair. I want to play with her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really...what is there NOT to Love! Amazing Leila.....loved by sooooo many.

    You and Matt are doing a great job..keep it up and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete