Hello to Leila's freedom!
With Leila's newly developed mobility and growing need of space to play, big change has come to our little condo on Southport. We no longer have a grown-up living room...it has officially become Leila's play area. We've moved the coffee table to the side, doubling it as a blockade for the fireplace. We've moved all the candles, pictures, and other decorative items from places she can now reach. And, we've realized we can no longer leave Leila in a room alone, because chances are she will quickly get to something we have yet to "baby-proof." Which, by the way, did you know there is a slew of businesses out there dedicated to helping you baby-proof your house? People spend tons of money on it and I just have to wonder what exactly are they having done to there homes? There are some obvious things we can do to make her surroundings less dangerous, but really, unless we get rubber furniture and cover our floors in yoga mats, there are always going to be potential safety hazards...and I don't see us rubberizing just yet.
Leila in her new play area...
Crawling
Leila has discovered a new game to play...it involves passing an object to someone and then they give it back, and so on and so forth. Sound fun?
Here she is reaching for whatever it is she just passed to me
Laughing hysterically during our game of pass
Just being pretty...
Followed by her total cheesy smile...
Her ability to crawl has not decreased her interest in walking...here Uncle Doug breaks his back to entertain Leila
I have a few videos that I'm having trouble posting...stay tuned.
Along with her new found freedom, will be the introduction of the new word, "NO!" and the giggles and smiles of exploring new things. I wonder how much mischief her and Bob will find.......
ReplyDelete