Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moving Day

Well, I've made it through the first of many transitions in my relationship with my daughter. She has left our bedroom and moved into her own room. Before having her, I would have thought this would be an exciting day because, well..who enjoys sharing their room with a huge playpen that makes getting in the closet a total pain, not to mention the noisy vacumn CD that plays all night? Funny though, like most things in this parenthood adventure, things are usually not like I thought they would be.

All week Matt was prepping me for the big move this weekend, telling me that it was definitly time to transition. He said it would be better for all of us, and at this point I think he specifically meant that it would be better for his and my sleep. As planned, Friday night was our first night without Leila in our room. We put her down in her crib, which went fine, but it was when I put myself down in bed that I felt my heart break just a little. Such a small change, and one that obviously has to happen, but still it was surprisingly difficult and I found myself a little teary eyed as I crawled into bed. I looked over at the empty pack and play and felt a little empty without my sweet pea next to me. Who knew?!!

After two nights of sleeping in our private quarters, I have to agree that it has helped with the quality of sleep, however short the duration of that sleep may be still. But it made me realize how many of these transitions are still to come in my life as a mom. And it also made me realize just how deeply I have fallen in love with that little girl.

Pictures from the weekend:

Leila's salon style shampoo


Excited for bedtime in her own room...(mommy is crying in her room)


The debut of her Huskies tee sadly did not bring us a victory.



Gpa and Gma enjoying their granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment