Thursday, October 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...

The day I'd been dreading for 10 weeks finally arrived yesterday. Back to work!! Ugh. I have to admit it wasn't all that bad, but still it marked another milestone in my parental journey.

Our day started like normal, Matt and Leila had their breakfasts together, followed by a dance party in the kitchen. Leila went down for her first nap, Matt was heading out the door, and then it happened. I snapped at him for no reason, he wondered what he did wrong, and I cried. Well folks, this is the type of weird, random emotion that apparently comes out when a mom is faced with leaving her baby for work. Who knew?! Of course it all worked out fine...Matt gave me a hug, I pulled out the old black bar tending outfit, Gma Ish arrived to babysit, I gave Leila a kiss, and off I went.

Like I said before, it really ended up not being so bad. Once I got to work, it was like no time had passed from when I last worked, only I could actually fit behind the bar again, and unfortunately had to lift my own buckets of ice. Everyone was excited to hear all about little Leila, so I enjoyed telling all about her...probably more information than anyone really wanted. Before I knew it, it was time to head home where I found Leila sleeping peacefully in her swing, unaware that I had even taken this step in our journey.


Just waking up from a nap..."Mom, could you at least wait until I'm out of my crib!"


"What! Another picture!"


"I'm not smiling." But still so cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww Aimee... :( I bet I would have cried too leaving sweet Leila.. My heart seriously melts every time I see a picture of her...even though I'm still scared and scarred from my last attempt to bond with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Grampa Tom know how much Leila looks EXACTLY like him in the last pix? Whoa!

    Dad E

    ReplyDelete