Friday, May 21, 2010

Typically Typical

There is nothing typical about Leila. She amazes me everyday, and the fact that I can fall more in love with her everyday is amazing too. But as I sat down to write this blog, I wondered what was interesting about this week that I could focus on...I came up with nothing. It was really just a week, like many other weeks that included work, eating, sleeping, oh and of course taking care of a 9 month old. If you were at all under the assumption that a typical week means boring...you would be wrong. In all actuality, even a typical, uneventful week is always full of fun and laughs when you have Leila to keep you entertained.


Sporting a side tail...


Searching for the perfect toy, she usually throws every toy out onto the floor in the process...


Relaxing (and annoyed that I'm butting in) during bath time with Daddy.



Crawling is still on Leila's "To Do" list. She is never really satisfied just sitting anymore and is always trying to get to something just out of her reach. In her attempts to get somewhere, she seems to always end up scooting herself backwards, and often under things.

Here she found herself under the TV stand


The good news is that she learned to pivot herself...


And then scoot backwards to where she came from.




Thursday we ventured out to the Lincoln Park Zoo's Farm since the weather was decent.

Clapping in excitement for an afternoon at the farm!


Leila is really more interested in her shoes than cows


Examining her shoe very closely



If you don't smile during this video, something is wrong with you.

2 comments:

  1. ive watched the video 3 times today. Thank you Leila for making my work day much more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smile.....what a "belly" laugh. I love the fact that she is such a happy kid, but we have got to do something about the hair!

    ReplyDelete