Monday, May 17, 2010

Growing Up

Nine months ago I would have been terrified. Four months ago I probably still would have been somewhat nervous. But today...today, I'm confident.

This weekend Matt went away for a guys' trip in the Bahamas...on a private island...via a private jet. What??!!?? you say. He knows people. Anyway, my point is that Leila and I were on our own for five days. Like I said before, I totally would have lacked the confidence to stay home by myself with her only a few short months ago, but now, I feared it not.

Our girls' weekend was full of fun, discovery, and a few new skills. It's amazing watching Leila learn and figure her own abilities out, while at the same time I'm kind of doing the same thing.


Leila has started to feed herself! She loves bagels. WARNING: Do not try to take it away until she is done.


Almost finished, very soggy bagel...


New trick: the head tilt. She likes to make this a game...you tilt, I tilt, you tilt, I tilt...


Just when I thought she was going to skip crawling, she started making attempts...


She has to take breaks quite often.



Showing off her standing skills and my attempt at an artsy photo


I think she is swearing at me under her breath...



A friend thought it was time for Leila to have her own designer purse...


Leila, of course, wanted to see if it was eatable


Like any girl, she is learning to use one hand while still holding her purse in another...

2 comments:

  1. love the artsy photos! and well, all of them. heard leila lou gave grandpa a kiss this weekend--too bad you didnt get that on camera, dad's been talking about it non stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....already multi-tasking!! Brilliant little girl.

    ReplyDelete