Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pure Joy.



Pure joy. I love it. It's those moments in which you are totally consumed with happiness. You aren't thinking about what you have to do next, or what time it is, or who is going to be voted off Survivor this week...you are so wrapped up in that one moment and it's so full of what makes you happy that there is nothing else. Nicole and I used to always point out when we were having moments of pure joy...they usually included times when our teams were winning (this hasn't occured often) or while on vacation. Well, these days my pure joy moments have been occurring much more frequently and even more joyful than before. I love getting lost in a pure joy moment with Leila and Matt. There is nothing better. Okay, maybe the Huskies being National Champs could get close.

Yesterday I had a pure joy moment watching Leila and Bob play in her bedroom. It was so cute!!

Bob watches from a distance and plans his attack


To Leila's surprise, Bob pounces!


Leila explains the rules of the game to Bob


Play continues...


They decide to take a break and relax



Thursday turned out to be a beautiful day and we spent the afternoon in the park with a few of my mom friends and their babies. Again, pure joy moments are in abundance! I actually may be living in an almost constant state of pure joy at this point! Leila is just always making me laugh or smile (you know, one of those goofy, plastered on your face smiles).

It was really warm out, but super windy...Leila's favorite kind of day!


Playing with Chloe




Also this week, my girlfriends from the burbs came over for our monthly playdate. It is so amazing how much all the babies change in between our visits! They were all grabbing at each other and Leila got her hair pulled. I guess that's what happens when you have so much of it!

Here they are!:

Nellie (6 months), Leila (9 months), Sydney (10 months), and Jack (2 years)





As Leila's 9 month birthday approaches next week, I am thinking back through the 9 months and each of her phases and all the new things she has learned and accomplished, and I just feel so much pure joy it almost doesn't seem fair. Oh, my Leila, my Dunk, I'm bursting at the seams with joy, love, and excitement for what my life with this little girl will bring to us.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have thoroughly entered the world of motherhood.....there is no love more pure or delightful than a mother's love for her child.

    ReplyDelete