This week Leila has started doing a funny thing. While she's playing she gets real fired up...about what, I'm not sure. I almost expect her to rip off her shirt and turn green...check it out:
I could watch her do this a thousand times and laugh every time!
In addition to spending hours practicing this new behavior, we did a few other things this week.
Leila's friend Caleb (okay, his mom and I are really more the friends here...) came over to play! Leila's version of playing at this point consists of grabbing his hair, stabbing him in the eye, and taking any toy he shows interest in.
She's got her eye on the prize...
I think she was aiming for his hair, but to Caleb's surprise she caught his eye. Literally.
Caleb recovers...Leila has her eye on something new to grab...
Leila also spent some time learning to read. As you may notice, she is reading a book from the series "Your Baby Can Read." Yes, Matt and I saw this on an infomercial. Yes, we immediately called and ordered it. And no, our baby cannot read. Yet.
Taking a thumb break.
Reading is hard. This is her concentration face.
Mommy is annoying. This is her "get out of my face" face.
To contrast with her studious side, she also likes to just relax on the couch. (For those of you judging...no, we don't really let her sit and watch tv. Although we do let her watch the "Baby Can Read" videos...how could she possibly learn to read by her first birthday otherwise?)
She had just woke up in these pictures. I couldn't pick just one...
Stay tuned for teeth pictures...they are breaking through on the bottom!
yes, i heard that sound the other day when i was talking to mom on the phone while she was babysitting. i kept asking her what was wrong with Leila and she kept insisting that she was just playing. i guess i believe her now. leila kinda sounds like she's getting ready to do her daddy's infamous "mashed potato" move. watch out, world!
ReplyDeleteYou have perfectly captured Leila in picture and video!! Every week I am so entertained to just watch her interact and play. Amazing little girl.....
ReplyDelete...so who wins with the remote, Matt or Leila? Sounds like she already has learned to freely express her emotions. Interesting times to come! She is so funny...thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOK...so I gotta admit that I look at your blog at least twice a day. Looking at your posted videos again makes me think that my granddaughter might be constipated! You think?
ReplyDelete