Thursday, April 15, 2010

Master Mind

Leila is changing daily. I swear, she learns new skills, comes up with new ideas, and puts together her plans for the day while she sleeps at night. This week she is very determined to stand, wherever and whenever she can. She's always enjoyed standing, so it's no surprise that she has almost mastered it and she hasn't even really rolled over or crawled. I guess she figures why bother learning tricks that won't matter in a few months. Genius really. We don't have much that she can practice standing and holding on to, so she always grasps at an opportunity to stand by locking her legs when I try to sit her down to play. She especially likes it when she can stand and hold on to the bars on the play mat (of course, these are not meant to be used like this...), then she'll stand there forever, just smiling, so proud of herself.

Look Ma, no (helping) hands!




As Leila continues to change, we continue to acquire more and more things for storage. This week we had to say good bye to her mobile above the crib. She is so close to standing, I'm afraid one day she'll just do it and strangle herself in the crib. Worry much? My random thoughts during the day used to be about my soap opera or what I want to eat next (okay, the second one is still very much true), and instead, I now think about all the crazy ways Leila could get hurt and how I can avoid them. Exhausting really.

This series of pictures I like to call, "Farewell Mobile"...

"What, am I not suppose to be doing this?"


"Hmm...is this fun? Not sure yet."


After much thought, she decides the moon is her favorite.


"Ooooh, something I shouldn't play with..gimme."

1 comment: