Thursday, February 4, 2010

Half-Time

I know, Super Bowl Sunday is still a few days away and as great as the half-time show by The Who I'm sure will be, I'm more excited about the half-time in my world...Leila Frances is officially half a year old! Okay, that was seriously cheesy, I knew it as I wrote it, but I was trying to tie in the upcoming football weekend....oh whatever. Anyway, I think I've already mentioned at least a dozen times how fast life is flying by these days, but WOW!!! I can't believe my daughter is 6 months old!! It still seems strange to even say the words "my daughter," let alone that she is 6 months old. I had this odd thought that after only 20 more of these half birthdays she will already be 10 years old! I told this to Matt and he, of course, thought I'd lost my mind. I probably have.

Anyway, in honor of her 6 month birthday I have listed 6 of my favorite things about my Leila.

1. Her smile. My favorite part of every day is going to get her in the morning. Before I even turn the lights on, I can see her huge smile in anticipation of seeing me and starting her day.

2. Her language. She is always most talkative while I'm changing her diaper or clothes...we have so much fun just "talking" to each other. I love all her different noises and watching her discover new ones.

3. Her feet. I'm probably the only one who will ever truly appreciate her long toes because they are just like mine, which is not really a good thing. Poor girl. She always is giving a thumbs up with one of her big toes, which always makes me smile.

4. Her laugh. There is nothing better than hearing her laugh. Period.

5. Her excitement for bath time. She knows when I lay her on the rug in the bathroom, it's bath time. She always starts smiling, stomping her feet, and pushing herself backwards in a crab walk like motion. I actually could see her crab walking before crawling. Anyway, after all this enthusiasm, the only thing better is watching her just chill in the tub, sunk down with the water to her chin and her legs stretched straight out. I love it!

6. Her determination. Leila knows what she wants and she won't back down. This can be both good and bad at times, but I love it about her. She has been like this since her first week home and even though it sometimes annoys me that she won't just be easy, I actually love that she fights for what she wants. Ask me in 13 years how this is going.

These are just the tip of the iceberg because I love every single thing about my girl, but those are 6 that make everyday a great day. If my love for her continues to grow at the pace it is now, I may explode by the time she's 10!!

Happy Half Birthday to Dunk E. Dorey!

Working hard at playing (again, can I mention how much I LOVE this camera!)


Food on the way = Happy Leila


Salivating for peas


"Mom, this better be important, I'm busy."

2 comments:

  1. Cant tell you how much I am enjoying these pictures of Leila!! I miss her so much and absolutely love the barettes.

    ReplyDelete