And thank goodness we did stay because on Thursday she made big progress in her attempt to sit up by herself!
Grandma helping Leila find her balance
Success!
And we celebrate!!
Later, we went out in the cold. Too cute in her snowsuit!
So, eventually the time came for us to actually leave on Friday morning. I had already said my good-byes to Leila the night before because I knew we would miss her in the morning. I think Matt was expecting a minor meltdown...but I made without a tear! I, of course, missed her and called 4 times a day, but actually ended up really enjoying our time away. Although I have to say I have never been so excited to return from a vacation! It's kind of nice actually...you have something to look forward to leaving and coming back, rather than dreading the return back to reality.
While we were away, my mom took a million pictures of course.
Her Sears portrait
Reading
Of course all things end up in her mouth
Swing + toy in mouth = Happy Leila
Just ate!
While Leila and Grandma were partying back home...
We were eating...
Testing out cool features on our camera in the subway..
And hitting up 30 Rock
Oh and a little partying ourselves too, but this isn't the blog for that.
Upon our return home, we excitedly crept into Leila's room where she was playing with Grandma...huge grins on our faces..."hi Leila...it's mommy"...Leila turns...looks at me with curiosity and a little concern...Matt says "hiiiii Dunk E. Dory"...Leila looks at Matt...bottom lip comes out...and TEARS. I'm pretty sure they weren't tears of joy. Okay, so maybe she didn't miss us as much as we thought she would, but the best part of the experience has to be knowing we CAN leave her and she will be fine. Well actually the best part was after she realized who we were and gave us one of her best smiles, a high pitched squeal, and I finally got that hug I'd been waiting for all weekend.
Today, we did some more sitting up and playing the drum...
Of course playing the drum turned into chewing the drum
"What? I like the taste of drums."
No comments:
Post a Comment