Friday, February 5, 2010

Mommy Einstein

Is there anything left for ME to invent?? How lucky (or brilliant) is the mom who developed Baby Einstein?! For those of you who don't know her story, she was a stay at home mom who would videotape objects around the house and then play it back for her baby as entertainment. Her friends' babies all liked to watch it too, so they encouraged her to try and sell the videos...fast forward to a few years later and Disney is offering her a few million dollars for her company! Now that would be sweeeeet! Oh how Matt would love me if I could do something like that.

There are tons of these types of products out there that a mom came up with as a solution to some everyday occurrence in motherhood. I was definitely one of those people who believed the majority of these "must-have" items were actually a total waste of money...of course that was until I had to have it.

Take the Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder for instance. I was at a baby store only a few months ago excessively mocking this item. It seemed ridiculous. It's a little net attached to a ring and you shove food in it so the baby can chew on it without the risk of choking. I laughed and laughed about what idiot would buy this gross thing. Well, hi, my name is Idiot and the feeder is actually quite handy.

Leila enjoying her Fresh Food Feeder filled with an apple.



Just imagine the horror of living without this item! She would have to wait at least 4 more months for the taste of a non-pureed apple. Makes me feel sorry for all of us that grew up without a food net sack thingy.

While enjoying her apple she is then distracted by Bob...


Wait, Bob, let me pull some hair from you...


And when she goes back for the apple, she grabs her foot instead...easy mistake.



Yesterday, I saw her eying my apple as I was eating. She was probably jealous that I didn't have to enjoy my apple through a net. So, I decided to let her try it out.


It was pretty heavy so she dropped it soon after the picture was taken and I breathed a sigh of relief knowing the Fresh Food Feeder was still a "must-have" item.


And today Leila practiced sitting up...or rather tipping over.

Tipping...


"What happened?"


"Can I just nap here?"

1 comment:

  1. i love how she has eaten a non-pureed apple already but has yet to wear real shoes.... (this is Lauren by the way!)

    ReplyDelete