Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gimme That!

About a month and a half ago I was out to lunch with a friend and our babies (it was actually one of my first mom dates) and I was holding Leila in my lap, feeding her a bottle with one hand and feeding myself with the other. The lady sitting next to us commented that it wouldn't be long before that luxury would be a part of my past because she would be grabbing at my food instead of sitting quietly. Oh how right she was! That day has come and Leila's hands can no longer be contained. I now understand why you see parents move everything to the middle of a table at dinner. Yet another "Ah Ha" moment in parenting.

She is especially excited about grabbing things when she eats. In fact, she likes to try and feed herself, which gets real messy. Sometimes a bib just isn't enough...ah, so that's what that bib with sleeves I saw at Target is for. I think that is actually just called a shirt, but whatever, some genius is making money on it. And no, I will not be buying one.

Really getting after her sweet potatoes


I love sweet potatoes...and peas...and beets...


And spinach...and carrots...and..seriously, she loves everything.



During this sportless time of year (unless you like the boring, Sonic-less NBA) us Ishikawas take the extra time during the weekends to work on projects around the house. Ha! Yea, right...instead we are proactively looking forward to the baseball season that begins in only a few shorts weeks. Leila got in on the action and was helping Matt scope out players for his fantasy baseball team.


This is her newest facial expression...fum face!!



I finally got to uploading a video too...

This one is Leila laughing at some silly sounds I was making...trust me, if you saw me you'd be laughing too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I need to see Leila asap. Go on a date with Matt so I can babysit...preferably when she's not already sleeping for the night.

    The video of her is hilarious...her laugh is kind of a "scared of weird mommy" laugh. Like she thinks you're funny, but also kinda crazy :)

    ReplyDelete