After several encounters in which I've been thanked for making the day of someone, I am realizing more and more what a positive and joyous impact spending time with a baby, and specifically one special baby I have in mind, can have in someone's life. I say they have thanked me, but it really isn't me they are thanking...it's Leila and her beautiful spirit and contagious smile. I know, I know, you are probably thinking, "there she goes again, gushing about her daughter." But, seriously, whether this happens to other parents or not, I don't know...but it has happened enough now in the past few weeks that I've taken notice of the happiness Leila can bring to people, and not just people who know her, but even strangers too.
It was in Seattle when we visited an old friend of my Grandpa's that I first started to think about how much a baby's smile can make someone's day. It was like you could feel the joy radiating from the friend, as she watched Leila walk around her coffee table and eat cookies for an hour. Such simple time that means so much.
A few days later in Seattle, we were visiting Matt's Grandma at a retirement home, when Leila took her first steps (she is taking her time trying again...) and it was witnessed by a neighbor and her daughter. I swear they were just as excited as we were and seemed so touched to have shared the occasion. Again, simplicity with such an impact.
This past weekend we were eating lunch at Whole Foods when a worker was smiling and making faces at Leila from afar. After a few minutes, he came over to thank us because Leila smiling back at him had made his day. Spreading the love, just one more reason to love Leila.
And some pictures to help with any Leila withdrawal some of you may be feeling...
Leila thought it was hilarious to blow into this glass...okay, maybe I thought it was hilarious and so she keep doing it to make me laugh.
Books everywhere!
Pat the Bunny, it's a good read...
Another summer picnic at the park
Being funny
Sneaky girl stole the bun from my sandwich!
Trying to escape
She IS such an undescribable joy!! Thanks to God for such a precious gift.
ReplyDeleteBelieve me she makes me smile all the time...even when she's not around. All I have to do is think of her and I start smiling!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness. that last picture! she LOOKS so big!!!! i dont like it! make her stop growing...
ReplyDelete