Poor Leila started running a slight fever yesterday and woke up on her birthday morning with an even higher one. Besides acting less energetic than usual, she seems to be in decent spirits, but still, I feel awful that her first sickness has arrived on her first birthday.
This morning, the birthday girl
She still managed to enjoy the special lunch I made her with some of her favorite things...salmon, avocado, and strawberries!
Luckily, I think the excitement of Leila turning ONE already hit its climax with the celebration this past weekend, but still, today is her real birthday and it marks not just the one year milestone for her, and Matt and me, but it also marks the beginning of her second year! I already know it is going to be even more exciting than the last with her language developing, walking coming soon, hopefully some taming of her wild hair, and all sorts of others wonderfully happy things.
In honor of the 12 months Leila has been around filling our lives with joy, I've picked out my favorite pictures from each month of Leila's life. A look back:
Month One:
Actually Day One...there are so many pictures from the day she was born that I love and several from the month that followed, but this one sticks out in my mind because it shows a)how teeny, tiny Leila was and b)the joy that Matt felt holding his new baby girl.
Month Two:
I love this picture because it reminds me of the time I had off from work and the walks I took everyday with Leila sleeping in the Ergo. These are probably my favorite memories of those days I had off.
Month Three:
It just has to be her Halloween picture. She just looks so cute and was such a trooper that day!
Month Four:
Too many from this month! This one is from Thanksgiving day and brings back great memories of time with family and Matt and I stressed out about Leila's sleep schedule (of which she really had none at the time!) I also can't help but laugh when I see her expression in this picture!
Month Five:
Even with Christmas falling in her fifth month, I had to go with this picture because I just love the look on her face, along with the fact that it shows how bundled up I had to get her every time we went out during the winter...
Month Six:
It was cold a lot during month six, so we spent a lot of time inside. Leila loved that jumpy SO much and spent hours a day in it.
Month Seven:
Leila at her happiest is when she is in her highchair eating! I also love how funny her hair was looking around this time!
Month Eight:
Okay, I was really trying to stick to one a month, but I'm totally cheating for this month...there were too many good memories and I just can't pick one picture!
This was one of the first warm days we had in March and Leila's first time to the park. This picture makes me want to cry I just love it so much!
Towards the end of the month we went on our first trip together, to Grandma and Grandpa's in Arizona! There are so many great pictures from that trip, but I just love her profile and the way she is relaxing in this picture. Such a great trip!
Month Nine:
Well now that I cheated once, I can't help but do it again. I starting taking so many more pictures after I got my new camera that there are just too many to choose from!
Beginning of the month...the move to the big bath!
End of the month...two teeth show up! This sure made eating more fun!
Month Ten:
This one was easy because I love, love, love this picture! It just shows the wonderment that a baby feels when they see new things. Priceless.
Month Eleven:
This is one of those pictures I could see Leila framing in her own house one day. It is not only a great picture of daddy and his girl, but it reminds me of the wonderful weekend we had celebrating Father's Day.

I had to include this one too because this is when she just started crawling...you can just see how proud she is of herself, and I was so proud of her too.
And speaking of pride...I just couldn't leave this one out...
Month Twelve:
Again, so many to choose from, but this one just warms my heart. Leila and her beloved blankie.
And so, I guess all there is left to say is Happy Birthday Leila! Thank you for making me feel like the the proudest, happiest, most blessed mom on the earth.
i may or may not have gotten teary eyed multiple times during this post...
ReplyDeleteOh what a great series of snapshots to capture Leila's first year!! Made me cry to remember all those moments. Love her just so so much.
ReplyDelete