Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Table for One Please

It's official, Leila is all grown up. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but seriously, she is crossing milestone after milestone at a rapid pace these days. The high chair arrived this weekend, and along with it came a whole new phase. Is it too early to teach table manners? I mean, I think chewing with your mouth closed is rule numero uno (not to mentioned keeping your food IN your mouth), so maybe we should get that down first before covering the rest of the list.

Anyway, here is the debut of the highchair!





And as promised...a carrot picture. She loved them!




Welcome to Wiggleworms!
Another big event this week as been Leila's first day of school! Unfortunately this monumental event was not captured on camera, but I'll do my best to describe our adventure going to a music class, called Wiggleworms, on Tuesday. What might a 5 1/2month old do at a music class you ask? Well, not much. There were about 10 other babies under the age of 9 months gathered in a circle with their moms (and one nanny), while a middle-aged former hippie strummed her guitar and led the moms in song after song while "dancing" and such with the babies. The funny thing is that as much as I mocked it later, I actually felt like it was a great experience. Who knew singing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" while shaking a parachute was fun? Okay, well it wasn't really fun, but I felt like I was doing something good for Leila (although she looked confused and stunned through most of the class, I believe deep down she was really enjoying her time with other babies). Is that crazy to think that she could enjoy socializing? Okay, maybe it was just me that enjoyed the company. Anyway, as the class came to an end and we sang a goodbye song with a seal puppet, I had to just smile and take a mental picture of my Leila sitting on the floor, sweating, sucking on my hand, and wide-eyed, staring around the room taking it all in. It was yet another suprising, interesting, and fun (yes, fun) new experience as Leila's mom.


Back at home, just playing


Making her new sound...

4 comments:

  1. She is a true Ishikawa.....loving mealtime!! What a joy it is to watch her grow and experience new things. I LOVE my Leila Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wiggleworms story reminds me of Modern Family! Any stealing of stacks of bricks? Though I dont think he was there I can totally see Matt doing the dance at the end - busting out as his true self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No....she's a sweater? Does she have the Ishikawa sweat gene?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your baby!!!' hope
    you don't mind not getting to see her or play with her in az :)

    ReplyDelete