Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy Feet

This week Leila discovered a few things...barley cereal and her feet. The feet were something she has been slowing figuring out for a couple weeks, but this week it turned into her obsession.




As for the barley cereal discovery...it seems she has a bland cereal preference and barley wins the taste test challenge over rice. I questioned her Asian heritage, but then realized it has nothing to do with rice, it's just that I think she's already a foodie with a mature palate and needs some diversity in her meals. Who wants the same thing every day?! This weekend we are moving on and introducing carrots...should provide some good pictures I'm sure.

I'm really going to have to stop myself from taking pictures of each new food introduced. So, enjoy the carrots...you may not see another food pic until she's picking up a cheerio. Seriously, you know there will be a picture of that.

Anyway, the only other highlight (besides USC losing all their coaches and getting Lane Kiffin as their coach...sorry Kels.) was a get together Leila and I had with two of my friends who also had baby girls in the last year. We all sat around talking about how much we love breastfeeding and our opinions on different teethers, and then all stopped and had to laugh at how different our social encounters had become since we first started hanging out 5 years ago.

As for a lowlight of the week...my littlest UW fan was shamefully dressed in a Wazzu tee from her Uncle Nick this week. Poor thing. No, seriously, it wasn't that bad...it's not like they're competition anymore.

Here she is looking stunned that I would put her through such embarassment...


And then laughing at the poor suckers who live in Pullman...


And lastly, a very happy Leila who can't believe her Uncle Doug critized her fashion forward outfit. Have you checked out any fashion magazines lately? Babies everywhere are sporting mismatched patterns as a fashion statement. If you could see the green stitching on the edge of the pant pockets you would see how the whole outfit comes together. Geeeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment