Wednesday, December 23, 2009

'Twas the Week Before Christmas...

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve! It's been strange this past week thinking back to last year and how sick I was feeling because my little Leila was beginning to grow in my belly and making a mess of my hormones and every other function in my body. Matt and I hadn't even told anyone about the pregnancy at this point and we were still trying to wrap our minds around that fact that we were going to be parents. I don't think we could have ever truly wrapped our minds around what this has been like so far...and I mean that in a good way.

This Christmas feels different than any Christmas I've had before. One reason is because it will be the first Christmas I won't be seeing my side of the family. I struggled with the decision to not travel this year, but am also excited to start our own traditions as a family. It also feels different because I'm a mom. Even though Leila has no clue what is going on, it still feels exciting to celebrate the holiday with her and watch her take it all in. I've already started thinking of all our Christmases to come and the fun we will have watching her get excited for Santa and all the joys of Christmas.

Anyway, this past week leading up to Christmas we've seen a lot of change in our little lady. She has started staying awake much more during the day. Which is awesome...I love spending more time with her, but it has also been an adjustment for me as I try to get my own stuff accomplished and spend ample time amusing her. Luckily, I've found she's amused by most anything, including me doing dishes, laundry, getting dressed, and wrapping presents.

Here she is helping me choose what to wear...she has lots of opinions.
This outfit was an "are you kidding me?"...

I guess this one passed the test...


Tummy time is hard work...and she's got something to say about it!



Another change has been in her eating habits. She has almost doubled the amount she used to eat each feeding, and I'm pretty sure I can tell when I lift her! The girl can really pound some milk and I've been noticing her eyeing my food as I eat, so I'm pretty sure her introduction to solids is not far away.

Chubs McGee


She's also started to hold onto toys much better and seems to actually be enjoying the toys rather than just staring blankly at them.

Here she is with her new toy...chewing on its head is her favorite way to play with this toy.


She spends half her day with her thumb in her mouth...this time while enjoying her little blankie bear.

.....and this time with her little penguin.


A few other photos from the week...

Just another morning in the Ishikawa household with SUPER BABY!!!


About to run errands in the neighborhood...


All wrapped up for our last minute Christmas shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment