The birds are headed south. Winter is certainly here. The weather became considerably more "frightful" after my last post...I'm talking windchills 20 below zero. With these ridiculous temperatures, Matt and I realized (like we do every winter) that our windows suck. In past years we have just put on an extra layer of clothes, maybe a robe or a coat, and considered the problem solved. However this year we have someone else to consider, so, like most things A.L. (after Leila), we've had to change our ways. This has entailed us trying all sorts of band aid solutions, including duct tape, curtains, t-shirts, and more, to keep the cold air out and the heat in. Anyway, we finally got the plastic wrap for windows installed today and it already feels better. As interesting as this all may sound, I'll stop rambling about our weatherproofing and get to Leila.
During our hibernation this week we tried out Leila's new activity center. I'm still at the stage of taking so many pictures of Leila, that I'm taking them of her with every new toy or outfit. I just can't get enough! It's sick really. I think she is hoping this stage is over soon...

We did manage to get out on Friday for some indoor mall Christmas shopping with Grandma Ish. Leila was a trooper and even let us enjoy lunch and the margarita I've been dreaming about for months.
And here she is testing out her new winter hat...

Leila also got her first Christmas present a little early because of our frigid temps. Grandma and Grandpa Ish gave her a much needed down bunting...ADORABLE!!
she looks so devilish in her carrier! I love it!
ReplyDelete