Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Big One.

One more week until The Big One!  My Bubby (aka Bubs, Bubba, Bubbarino, Natey Boy, Nafe) turns one year old on Sunday and I just can't believe it.  In honor of his birthday I thought I'd do something I did for Leila's first birthday and pick my favorite picture from each of his first 12 months.

And so, let's begin...

Month 1
Just two days old, and less than an hour at home with Natey.  Love my cuddle bug.















Month 2
My chill little Natey.  Even stuffed in layers of clothes, he just goes with the flow...






Month 3
Natey's first Christmas!  This is his "I'm not easily impressed" face, and little did I know then that I'd be seeing it often.























Month 4
Around this time Natey developed his unique ability to express himself through his eyebrows.



Month 5
Bubs once again totally unimpressed and unwilling to smile for the camera, but Matt's smile makes up for it!  I love how happy he is to be spending his birthday eating fried chicken at home with our kids.  


Month 6
One of my favorite pictures ever.   A bond was forming between them already...



Month 7
Me and my smiley boy on his 6th month birthday.  Can't believe another 6 has just gone by.  



Month 8
I made it all the way to Month 8 with only one picture a month...I just couldn't decide between these two (and there were sooo many this month to love!)

Looking so dapper in his wedding attire for Aunt Kelsey and Uncle Mike's wedding in San Diego

Such a trooper...Bubs really is just as chill as they come!

Month 9
Watching Leila play in the yard, probably making excited little screeching sounds...Bubby spent most of the summer in awe of his sister, and planning all the things he would do once he too became mobile!

I cheated again...but I love this one because it reminds me of what a happy boy he is, even when frustrated that he couldn't crawl yet....




Month 10
The boy can crawl!  And now is into everything!  Love this picture that captured his curious self getting into something he shouldn't...

Once I started picking two, I can't stop now!  But seriously, how could I not include the pure delight and enjoyment that comes from this picture taken during one of our many picnics this summer.  I love making this kid smile.



Month 11
Now on the move, one of Bubby's favorite activities is attacking and wrestling any willing (or unwilling) participant!  Leila and him were ganging up on me here, but who wouldn't love those faces coming at you?!

 Another perfect example of my Bubs chillin' out.  Some kids may get wild in a grocery store...not Bubs.



Month 12
Which brings me to this past month.  As Bubby's personality has blossomed over the past several months, and Leila has become more independent, I really feel like I've had some great quality time to get to know my little Bubba.  He is so sweet and relaxed, yet spunky, curious, and excited to experience new things.  By far one of my favorite pictures of his first year...this picture makes me smile and cry all at once.

And so,  stay tuned for pictures from a fun birthday weekend ahead!  Cheers to my baby Bubba!

1 comment:

  1. im bummed the wagon pic from vacation didnt make the top 12, but i guess i understand why... :)

    ReplyDelete