
As Matt and I just celebrated our 6th Anniversary (!!!), I've found myself thinking a lot about how we've changed over the past 6 years since that fun-filled weekend that ended with Matt sweating and both of us giddy from what turned out to be a perfect celebration, but mostly thinking over the past 3 years since the adventures of parenthood took over our lives. I could write a novel about those changes, most notably the lack of sleeping in and spontaneity, but everyone knows life changes with kids...it's a no brainer. Plus, I think I've covered a lot of these changes in past blogs. One thing that hasn't changed, although we have many a moment (or hour...hours...day) in which one of us (or both) desperately need a break from our crazy family of four, our favorite moments are still those in which we are all together. Now that Nathan has become our resident wrestler, some of those favorite moments happen in the evening when Matt comes home from work and we all end up laughing on the floor of the family room while Natey crawls and growls to his next victim, Leila screams in terror, my hair gets pulled and ratted, and Matt gets scratches across his face. Sound fun? It is.
Pics from our funny farm...
 |
| A typical interaction |
 |
| Followed by total denial |
Speaking of just loving to be together as a family...we decided to leave Natey behind for the weekend and head up to a friend's lakehouse. The sleeping arrangements weren't very conducive to a four person family, so poor Bubs got the boot. (But we missed him terribly. Really, we did.)
 |
| Jet-skiing with Daddy |
 |
| Unplanned dip in the lake |
 |
| Love this pic |
 |
| Love the pure joy in this picture |
 |
Relaxing
|
Rewind! I forgot to include a couple of pictures from our neighborhood block party on Labor Day weekend! Better late than never...
 |
| Natey and his buddy, Ellie, chewing on toys (and probably grass, bugs, leaves, etc.) |
 |
| Dancing during the Daddy/Daughter dance |
 |
| Leila's buddy Jack thought a mustache would be nice for Leila's face paint. She loved it. |
And back to the present...
 |
| My crew at about 3pm everyday |
 |
| Cutest boy I know. |
 |
| If you know what Matt looked like at this age, you'd see what a look-a-like little Bubs is! |
 |
| B and Kiki |
 |
| Underage driving is a real problem |
No comments:
Post a Comment