I am learning. Learning to have patience. Learning to juggle. Learning to choose battles. Learning to skip cleaning (yikes!) Learning to be present. Learning to become a better parent, wife, homemaker, and friend. I guess I'm just constantly learning.
After almost 6 months of staying at home and "not working," I think I have a pretty good grasp of my situation. Most days. And one thing I've come to realize is that I will never be perfect in any of my roles. That's been hard for me to accept because when I take on something, I like to do it really well. And as I continue to learn to be all those things I mentioned before, I am also learning that I have to sometimes just be good enough. Oh, the ever evolving understanding that comes from parenthood!
Leila is becoming quite the independent thinker these days. I think I may have said that a year ago, but I had no idea what was coming. When I said that before I was probably talking about deciding what she wants to eat...and oh boy, what she has an opinion about now! First of all, she wants to do everything by herself, except when she decides she doesn't. Oh, and remember me mentioning the nighttime ritual and all her requirements? The list has doubled. It's crazy! Sometimes I wonder if I walk out of the room at night and she has a good laugh with her B, sheepy, and other stuffed friends at what a sucker I am. I'm all for focusing on the positives, and this stage is full of them, mostly because the things she'll say are so adorable, funny, or genius, that I wish I was recording every moment...but man, this stage is also completely exhausting and trying (hence my attempts to learn patience and battles) and actually leave me very glad that every moment is NOT recorded.
So, another couple of weeks gone by; my beautiful, smart, and funny daughter continues to amaze me and challenge me; my adorable, drooly, Natey continues to get too big too fast; and Matt and I learn to be more and more thankful for our imperfect, yet perfect family.
Tell me this doesn't make you grin from ear to ear...
He found his toes! Yum.
Learning to love a minivan! (It took about 5 minutes...)
Could Bubby's first year as a Cub fan bring us all glory? He looks uninspired.
Just stretching it out
Enjoying Cousin Chloe's 3rd bday party
The Bubby look
First try at cereal, before and after...
I told you he's getting big!
Melts the heart...
Oh, and did I mention we are potty training? I'll save this adventure for another entry.
Once again, and always, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures and what you write. You're amazing, Matt's amazing, precious Leila and Nathan are amazing and I love all of you so much. I am very blessed.
ReplyDeleteSome of my favorite pictures yet! The one of Leila with leg warmers & no pants, classic! Wish we were closer : )
ReplyDelete