I made this title an exclamation, but it's more complicated than one would think. My emotions are all over the place (as usual...). One, it's, of course, a celebratory statement...we made it 6 months as parents of two kids and we're all still happy; two, as a "what? how is it possible Nathan is already 6 months old? And three, as in "nooooo, my baby is growing too fast!" Alas, the battle between happiness, sadness, excitement, and fear continues through parenthood. I decided (and was inspired by my newest obsession, Pinterest...don't even get me started on a tangent about this fabulous website that consumes all my down time) to take a picture every month of Natey's first year (better late than never!) and include his likes and dislikes. I thought it would be a great keepsake to keep in his baby book. Then I thought, hey, I could combine that idea with another one I had to interview Leila every 6 months and record her answers in her baby book. Soooo, here is my first installment for each!


In addition to browsing Pinterest, we've been mostly consumed with potty training, trying to understand the 2 1/2 year old mind better, and adoring how cute Natey is, but wondering why in the @#%#@! he won't sleep through the night. With regards to potty training, I now understand why I put it off as long as I did. That was smart. No, actually Leila is doing quite well; the tough part is getting her to go take a try at it (which I constantly have to remind her to do) because she doesn't like to do anything suggested by me. I find myself doing crazy things like hopping on one leg, carrying a stuffed animal on my shoulder, balancing a bowl on my head, while singing a Katy Perry song, just to get her into the bathroom. (Okay, it's not that bad, but it's never easy.) Anyhow, I'm actually very proud of her and hoping she'll be fully trained soon.
As for Natey, he is growing rapidly, probably due to the amount of formula he is drinking these days. They don't make bottles bigger than 8 oz. so I'm not sure where to go from here! He is still less than excited about eating solids, and usually pitches a fit when he sees me coming with a bowl and spoon, so my search for his favorite food is still on. Because he loves his bottles, he has decided he needs a feeding in the middle of the night again, so as close as we were to getting a full nights sleep, we are back to a 3 a.m. waking again. Come on! I guess our perfect boy has to have one fault, right?
Okay, so enough babble, and on to the pictures!
Neighborhood Easter egg hunt...
Bubby's first swing! He loves it!
Art time!
Not too excited about opening day (and for good reason)...
'Tis the season for picnics!
The love story of Leila and Bob continues...
Easter fun...
We clearly did not win any decorating awards for our bunny cake, but we had fun!
Happy Easter!
And, Happy Half Birthday Bubby!
ahhh thank you!!! i needed a good dose of them :) love how the "pinterest projects" turned out! and i love how leila wants to be a stop sign :) you may have to work on her dreams for her future :) LOVE YOU ALL!
ReplyDeleteMiss these little people more than you can know!
ReplyDelete