I have to say one of the best moments I've had as a mom happened this past week. There is something about watching my two children begin to form a bond that is indescribably happy. Up until a couple of weeks ago, Leila could have taken or left Nathan...she hardly acknowledged his existence (except when he took away attention from her of course!)But as Nathan has become more and more alert and generous with his smiles/laughs, Leila has started to realize he is someone she can entertain (and eventually boss around...) Seriously though, watching Natey stare at Leila in total adoration, and watching Leila start to care for him, look out for him, share toys, and amuse him, has been truly rewarding. Not that I really have much to do with it, but it feels great as a parent to see them enjoy each other...not to mention the excitement I feel just imagining a day in which I'm not the lone source of entertainment for Leila! It's only the beginning of what I hope to be a beautiful relationship, and I find myself with a big, silly grin plastered on my face every time I look over and see them having a moment.
And speaking of siblings...my sister came for a visit over Presidents' Day weekend. Leila had so much fun having another buddy to play with, and Nathan spent his time cooing, squeaking, and giving Auntie Kelsey lots of smiles. He even almost rolled over for her!

A visit to the conservatory with Kelsey...
More pictures from the past week...
It was Matt's birthday on the 9th and the kids helped him celebrate...
We had a Valentine's Day playgroup at our house...here is Leila waiting excitedly for her friends to arrive...
All the girls, and Nate
Having a fry appetizer during a lunch out...
Just a typical dinner at the Ishikawa's...
February and no coat...what is going on?!
Of course a few days later, we were bundled up...
Playing restaurant at the park...
Checking her email
Nate 18 and 19 weeks...
"Enoooouuugh with the pictures mom!!!"
Love that cool stroller and love the precious cargo even more!! So sweet to see Lou Lou and Natey together these days...warms the heart.
ReplyDeleteWarms my heart too, Marsha, and also makes me sad as I miss them both so very much. They are too precious!!!!
ReplyDelete