Who doesn't love a good Bill Murray movie? Not only is "Groundhogs Day" a great Sunday movie, but referencing it has become synonymous with saying you've had the same experience over and over again. Well, guess what? Most days as a parent feel a little like Groundhogs Day. Yes, just like Bill Murray's character wakes up every day in Puxatony and sees the same people do the same things all day long, I too wake up and Leila and Nate manage to say and do pretty much the same things each day. Don't get me wrong, there are moments of spontaneity sprinkled in there, but for the most part, each day starts with Leila saying, "Mommy, come get me," and end with her and I singing a song about bears having a picnic, followed by a checklist of things that must occur before I close her bedroom door. As if I don't know what's on that list, she tells me like it's my first night on the job. In between the morning call and the night-night checklist are similar conversations between us; Nate eating, sleeping, smiling, and drooling; and an hour or two for Matt and I to lounge on the couch before passing out. Yes, my days are definitely a perfect example of Groundhogs Day. BUT (of course there's a but!) the good news is, I
love this day that keeps happening over and over again. In fact, I can't imagine a better day to have repeated more times.
Happy Groundhogs Day!
More pics from the week...
My sweet, sleeping boy (We've had four nights in the past week of "sleeping through the night"...in quotations because he's still up at 5am!)
After a little over a year, we decided it might be time for another haircut..
Pre-hair cut...
After hair cut #2, sporting a pretty braid!
My favorite picture of the week. I can't even think of a caption that would do it justice...
Thanks to Aunt Kelsey and Uncle Mike, Natey now has an appropriate shirt to match his many eyebrow faces...
How Leila watches her shows. If you try to come near, she says, "I'm closed right now."
Natey finally understands the universal love of Sophie the giraffe.
Bubs (One of his many nicknames)
No comments:
Post a Comment