Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks




"I'm thanksgiving for Daddy." One of my favorite things Leila has said lately. It's sweet and funny, and so Leila. She seemed to understand the concept of being thankful, just missed the correct grammar by a bit. Anyhow, it's always nice to take a few moments (or more, hopefully!) this time of year to remember all the reasons I am thankful. I am astonished yet again how much there is on my list! A hardworking, fun-loving, best friend for a husband; a clever, funny, caring, beautiful daughter, a healthy, laid back, adorable baby boy, a new home, and a strong support system made up of family and friends. How lucky am I?!!!

6 weeks and still very sleepy


We had a great week of giving thanks for our fabulous friends and family! To start off our weekend, we had a visit from Leila and Nathan's cousins, Chloe and Iris.

Nathan (almost 6 weeks) and Iris (11 weeks)


The girls had such a great time! It was the first time I've ever seen Leila actually playing with another kid. They were chasing each other, laughing, sharing toys (!)...and here, taking a fruit snacks break.



Our annual Pre-Thanksgiving dinner was held at Casa Ishikawa last Sunday. It was very different this year, as our group went from having one baby (Leila) last year, to FIVE babies this year! As a result, we moved our dinner up to become more of a late lunch, and the festivities didn't include nearly as much drinking as usual...instead, much more talk of poop and breastfeeding, and oohing and aaahing over our cutie patooties.

The boys filling up their plates...


Leila at the table with all the adults


All the babies lined up in the window...


Our ever-growing group



Nathan hanging out with the older ladies, Addi and Anna



The week continued with our real Thanksgiving in which we had our first dinner away from the extended family. Matt and Leila started the day with the traditional family bowling, while I stayed back with Nate and did some cooking. Then came the usual overeating of appetizers while watching football, followed by our feast. Leila enjoyed her rice the most (just like last year) and Nate enjoyed a long nap.


Watching Daddy bowl with Uncle Doug



The fam (minus our photographer, Papa Ishi)



Telling Nathan all about the delicious meal...


Ama and Papa with our two cuties


We braved the crowds on Black Friday and hit up Home Depot for all the lights and accessories needed for our new house, and Leila picked out our giant Christmas tree...

"What am I suppose to do?"


"Oh, this one."




Nathan chillin' in the cart while Daddy and Leila got the tree...


Then came the decorating! I think Matt and Leila helped for about 1 more minute after this picture was taken...


Lounging while Mommy decorated


7 weeks old!



Later, Matt (and Leila) tackled the job of hanging outdoor lights! (Yet another new adventure in suburban life...)

Leila watching in amazement




Deep Thoughts By Leila:

Daddy: I love you.
Leila: Love you Daddy.
Daddy: Do you know what love is?
Leila: Yes
Daddy: What?
Leila: Cake.

1 comment:

  1. oh leila! she will soon learn that love is cake AND icecream :) ive been thinking that nathan looks a lot like leila did, but when you posted that pic of him wearing that thanksgiving bib that leila wore, i thought he looked so different! SO boy! :)

    ReplyDelete