It's what I always wanted...to be a mom who can spend all my days watching my kids grow, taking care of my home, making dinner for my family, etc. I wasn't working much these past 2 years with Leila, but enough to get out, socialize, and of course complain about working. After being home the past 2 1/2 months, I have to say I'm surprised to find myself a little nostalgic for my "working" days. I think this feeling also comes with my official announcement to Bandera that I won't be returning in January. After just over 9 years waiting tables/bartending, I hung up my black shirt/pants/socks/apron. Of course, I never say never, so I could be back again at any point, but for now it feels like the end of a chapter in my life.
I feel so lucky to be able to spend so much time watching Leila's personality develop and her understanding and knowledge grow, and Nathan's expanding waistline and new tricks (he's smiling now!). My days include a lot of messes, multitasking, annoying music, and usually some kind of poo, puke, or drool on my clothes, but also lots of laughs, moments of pride, and pure joy. I'm so thankful that Matt has made it possible for me to have the job I've always wanted. SAHM I am.
On to our week!
December has arrived and the Christmas spirit is in full effect at the Ishikawa household!
Baby, it's cold outside.
Nathan turned 2 months this week! Weighing in at 12 lbs. and measuring 23 1/2 inches!
I'm sure Nathan can't wait to be Leila's playmate...until then, she dresses up Bob.
Nathan found his thumb! Though he has trouble remembering where he found it most of the time...
We went on our own mini lights tour. This house was by far the most impressive. Nathan missed the whole thing while sleeping in the car, but Leila had a great time!
What a beauty!
Sweetie, sometimes I get SO choked up with happiness over you and your family. I love you all so much.
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for the time, love and effort you spend on this fantastic blog. Thanks Aimee I always look forward to reading a new one when it comes out. Always makes me smile, and what a wonderful gift for your children!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Love PaPa Ish