Monday, November 22, 2010

No.

It's Leila favorite word. "Can I have a kiss?" "No." "Let's go take a bath!" "No." "Time for dinner!" "No." Pretty much everything suggested to her warrants a "No." She says it even when she means yes. Heck, she says it when you weren't even asking her the question! I think it's that independent spirit that drives her to turn down anything I say, just so she can come up with the idea on her own. I've read in my handy Dr. Spock book that this is just the sort of thing that starts to happen around this age, as independence becomes more and more important for toddlers...okay, and mommies too...to learn and practice. The funny thing is that as annoying as it is for her to say no all the time, it's also so darn cute, I can't help but smile or laugh every time she says it.

Anyway, on with our week...

Like I said last entry, the nice weather was bound to end, and end quickly it did. The winter coats were pulled out of storage and the hats and scarves have taken the place of flip flops in the closet. No, winter, no!!!

Although, on the positive side, new weather, means new cute outfits for Leila! And she has finally agreed to wear a hat! I guess Chicago wind in November can convince pretty much anybody that hats are necessary.



"Will my keys work in the swing Mom?"


Happy times at the park



Getting ready to head out into the windy, chilly weather again...note that the coat has gotten even puffier and warmer...




Though we made it out to the park a couple times this week, there has definitely been a change in routine. Not only are we spending more time at home, but venturing out to new places that involve heat and toys. Lucky for us, we have an place called "The Corner Playroom," literally around the corner from our condo! There are also a few other new places like this that have opened in the past few weeks in anticipation of lots of city moms and kids, like us, that have limited space at home to play, and are willing to pay to play. Have I mentioned we are ready to move to the suburbs?

Playrooms are fun!



Leila's Grocery Stand:



"Hi crazy girl, please don't mess with my groceries."


Stocking her stand...



More random pics from our week indoors...

It's been awhile since I've taken a shot of her eating...check out how big she is in her highchair!


Leila, so thoughtful, always shares her snacks...


What a lovable face!


Wonder.


Playing around with Mommy's hat...it actually looks more stylish on her than on me!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures just made this rainy day SUNNY!! Love, love love them.

    ReplyDelete