It's getting pretty bright in here. It's like Leila's brain is on a dimmer switch and over the past year the light has gotten brighter and brighter...and now, the switch is all the way up, full blast, she knows what's up.
In just the past couple of weeks I've noticed a change in her behavior. It has coincided with her ability to walk, so part of the change is that she is more independent. She used to cry when I left the room to grab something, but now she is waddling off here and there doing her own thing. She has also started to respond to commands, like "go get mommy lunch"...okay, it's more like "go get your shoe," but still it is pretty amazing that she actually understands most of what I ask her to do!
Like all phases we've made it through thus far, with these changes, I have to adjust too. I basically spend my days chasing her from room to room now and it is harder to get her to do what I want her to...she is starting to realize she has choices and she likes to make them on her own. Like eating for instance...still a great eater, but she has become picky about the way it is served to her (and don't even try to eat something that she isn't eating because she'll make you share.) Of course with this new understanding and greater independence comes even more cuteness and my love for her has more reasons to grow.
Last weekend I was so excited to finally have a Husky game on national television (keep your snide comments to yourself please)...and Leila was decked out in her new gear...
Unfortunately the pic turned out blurry, but we taught Leila how to do "touchdown!" She didn't have much opportunity to practice during this game though.
Debating whether being a Huksy fan is a good idea...
Leila, the artist (you're supposed to pronounce that AR-TEE-ST)
A girl and her blankie...
Using her newly mastered walking skills at the park...
"Swing please!"
"Oooh, what treasure have I found?!"
"Mom, what the heck is this thing?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment