This summer has been quite different from any summers in my past. It reminds me of the change from having summers free to play all day, to summers filled with working to get that new car, or whatever else it was I wanted in high school. Then it was the class-free, paper-free, test-free summers in between college years, to graduating college and finding summer didn't mean vacation anymore, it just meant a change in weather. Well, this summer I found out that the season change didn't mean staying out later, drinking outside on bar patios, or going to Cubs' games on a random Wednesday (although who would want to go to a Cubs' game this summer?)...instead, this summer was filled with walks, picnics, parks, and 4:30 dinners on bar patios (the bar patio lives on!). I'm not gonna lie and say there aren't times when I miss the kind of summers I had before Leila, but, it doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice when I'm sitting in the middle of a grassy park, watching Leila stuff grapes in her mouth, bouncing and smiling with happiness, just excited for the ride on the swings that awaits her after lunch. Might sound lame to the me of yesteryear, but it has been my best summer yet.
I've totally become lazy in bringing my camera outside with us, so even though we enjoyed a beautiful week of weather, our week in pictures are all indoors...
Entertaining herself in the kitchen

Lemons are so fun!

Decided to try one...

Sour!!!

Angry that I allowed this to happen

Making her newest funny noise

Laughing with Bob

Whoa, here she comes...

Leila has learned to rock her baby...ah, so sweet

And then put her in the fireplace...

Pondering her decision
I absolutely love that series of pictures!!! Leila is just precious!! It's fun to see her exploring and learning so much about the world :)
ReplyDeleteThis is Kim Goldsborough, Lauren's friend, by the way :)