
Today Matt and I celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary! Doesn't sound like much compared to his Grandma and Grandpa's 60th that is coming up next year, but hey, we are on our way! Not only am I happy to be remembering our fun-filled wedding weekend that happened 4 years ago this weekend, but it has also made me think of some of the other great memories we have made since meeting just over 8 years ago.
It was 8 years and 1 month ago that I walked in the door of Houston's Santa Monica and soon met Matt. Little did I know where that would lead! It was 6 years and 1 month ago that Matt and I arrived back in the States from our amazing European tour, and we started our new lives here in Chicago. Thinking back to my crappy little place just a stones throw away from the El tracks, eating bologna sandwiches every day for lunch, with the only thing to worry about being what we were going to do next weekend...it is hard to imagine the Matt and Aimee of 2004 realizing what the future would hold for them. And then, 4 years ago this weekend, we made the commitment to be each other's best friend and partner in life, with only blurry visions of what life as homeowners, parents, and an old married couple would be like. Well, even though life may have been simpler back when we first met, first arrived in Chicago, or first got married, it has become richer and happier, and every day we manage to have fun, laugh, and count our blessings for finding one another.
Why have I shared this mushiness in my blog today? Well, first of all, I love taking trips down memory lane...it would probably explain why I'm obsessed not only with taking pictures, but looking through old albums as well. But also, because it has everything to do with Leila and all the happiness and love that she brings us.
Speaking of Leila...some pictures from this week:
Sunday marked the first day of our 2010 family football viewing parties!
We joined a music class this week and Leila loves it! She came home and starting making music with keys!
Shake it girl!
Re-energizing with some lunch
A case of morning bed head
Happy Anniversary to my soul mate.
i love all her hair styles in this post! happy anniversary to you guys! love you both :)
ReplyDeleteWow....four years! Happy Anniversary to both of you!
ReplyDeleteLove it all. :)
ReplyDelete