Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Week Closer to the Big 1!

I feel like maybe I've said it too many times and so it loses it's meaning, but truly this little girl brings me so much joy and fills me with so much love, inspiration, and utter amazement every day. It just doesn't get old. And she never ceases to make me laugh or smile, and remember what is really important in life.


Another "This Time Last Year..."



This time last year we were within a month of our due date, which was August 13th. I think my bag was packed by now, and we were going to as many movies and eating out as much as possible. The picture above was taken this past weekend last year at a friend's bbq and I remember everyone asking if we were ready because technically Leila could be coming at any moment! And I think I was down to two items I could fit into comfortably, one being that black dress.

Fast forward to today and another amazing and fun week as Leila's mom. She continues to figure new things out every day and is clearly learning at a rapid rate.

And so, photographic highlights from this past week:


With Leila's two newest teeth breaking through this week, she is up to 7 total now! She has started to realize she can use them better to bite into things, such as this apple...


Here she is diving straight in for what turned out to be a very small actual bite.




One night this week I just decided to let Leila play in her room naked before bath time. I don't know why, I just did. Anyway, she has been trying to climb up on anything that is low enough for her to possibly get on to...the girl just doesn't sit still.



Leila got an early birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa Ish this week...a walker wagon! No more pushing cardboard boxes! As you can see, she kinda likes it.



Looking so focused



Sunday, we went over to Auntie Cathy's for dinner with Mikhaila, Mark, and Chloe. Matt was loving playtime with the two girls...



Lastly, these are links to two videos of Leila this week:

This one is short, but proof that Leila knows what sound a cow makes! How smart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPzIEXWE--0

This one is just part of a longer video in which Matt is trying to get Leila to show off some of her tricks, but she is off in her own world and totally ignoring him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjQMYklNMOs

2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with the longer video where she dances - she has all these hilarious head movements and dance moves. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Leila's new name....Leila MOOOOOO

    How adorable is she...com on!

    ReplyDelete