Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th, Indeed.





What a great weekend! We had amazing weather, fantastic food, and Leila to entertain us...what could be better?! The weekend also brought us Leila's 11th month birthday and several "firsts" for her, from kiddie pool to walking (kind of!), and even using a plate!

One first was her first dip in a kiddie pool! Although she has been in a regular sized pool, this was her first kiddie pool experience. I'm pretty sure she was confused as to why we were making her take a bath outside with clothes on...but I think after awhile she just gave in and decided she would try to have fun.





We also figured out a way to get her to wear her sun hat, which she normally hates wearing...it got wet and she loved wearing it! I guess it must have felt good cooling down her hot little head.


This is her own style...




In between dips in the pool and swinging, Leila was hanging with her daddy and Uncle Doug in the yard...

How cute are they?!






Another first happened when I decided to see if Leila could stand up and push the little walker/rider that Grandma Ish has...and oh boy could she! She was off and running and the look on her face and squeals of delight were absolutely priceless! I seriously think this was her most happy moment of her life so far...





Sunday was a scorcher! We spent some of the morning playing outside.

Here, she is telling me a story...


She continued her story as she stood by her walker...


Miss America


After some time, Leila was tired, hot, and hungry...


Too cool down we decided to check out the pool again. Leila had SO much fun splashing herself and playing with her snack cup!





This last picture is from this morning...I had to make sure I got a picture of Leila in her Miso Cute shirt that Auntie Lauren gave her!

1 comment:

  1. Hated to see the wonderful weekend end!! LOVED watching Leila squeal with delight on the walker. What a doll....

    ReplyDelete