Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Days are Winding Down

Maybe it was the horrible winter, or maybe it is the improved sleeping conditions, or maybe it's just that I have a great family (probably all three), but this has been an amazingly wonderful summer!  It's not over yet, but I can feel it winding down as the sun sets earlier and Leila's first day of school approaches next week.  Part of me is looking forward to a routine again, but I've also enjoyed our lazy mornings, followed by an outing, naps (unfortunately not for me!), late afternoons playing outside, then dinner al fresco, and bedtime as the sun starts to go down.  Wait, sounds pretty much like we do have a routine...oops, I guess I can't help but form routines regardless of the time of year.  Anyhow, it's been great, but change is good for everyone (I have to remind myself of this often!) and although I'm feeling a little unsure about how Leila will handle school, how Bubba will handle his day at preschool, and how Zoe will handle her nap scheduled getting rattled, I know we will all survive and be happy.


Little Zoe Ann and her mohawk

Showing off his handsome haircut

Federer and Williams (please zoom in for HER expression...)


Finally something for baby Zips to do at the park!  She loves to swing!

 And he's moved up to the "big kid" swing!  He is so proud.

Speaking of moving up...Leila worked really hard to move up a level in swim this summer.  Her motivation was a new toy...bribery at it's best!


A fun summer night with friends at the pool



Nathan has developed his own language to speak to Zoe...it's total nonsense, and so cute. 

The baby

Family day at the zoo!
 All tuckered out

I left Nathan in charge of watching Zoe...he filled her tray with water...and she loved it!

More swing time

 One of our many lunches on the porch

Sometimes it just feels right to be a dragon on a hot summer day

Ishikawa wagon ride

Besties (most of the time)

Little mommy

Adventure on the pedal boats with Ama and Papa!



A lazy, naked afternoon


Showing off her golf swing

Always on the move...she's coming to get 'cha!

Daddy and his co-pilot

We went through a phase of tracing eachother everyday and then decorating ourselves...Natey took it very seriously...

Gorilla Boy

Doesn't this just melt you?

Adult getaway to Boise!  
Thanks to Nicole and Steve getting married, we had a whirlwind weekend vacation!

We got back just in time for Leila's last day as a 4 year old...

 And then she was 5...

Birthday morning trip to WF for her party pizzas

Ama painted the birthday girl's nails with Elsa blue sparkly polish

Birthday dinner...Leila's choice!

Excitedly opening presents

Straight from Thailand

Sushi boat for Leila...Gigi's treat!

Party day!




Fake snow!







More summer afternoons...


When did my baby Bubba bear get so big?

Enjoying a carrot with her two little teeth

Fort Ishikawa Sisters

8 Months Old

Park with friends

A typical experience here in the Ishikawa house...party of 4 in the bathroom.

I cherish morning ba-bas with my baby

Post Triathalon: 
So proud of Daddy for accomplishing his goal...actually coming in under his goal time!  

Leila's entertainment...she named him Rockstar Nathan and he loved it.






1 comment: