Monday, September 22, 2014

Kids are Crazy.

So, what I've learned over the past five years as a mom can really be wrapped up in that one statement.  Kids are crazy.  I mean yes, I've learned a lot about love, joy, and how to bribe my way through the day...but seriously, these kids (all kids really) are nuts.  I understand they are all just trying to figure out the world and how to act and what to say and not to say, and a lot of the time I can even find patience for them, knowing that this is the cause for their actions, but oh my gosh...

As Nathan approaches his third birthday, his crazy level is rising.  Thankfully we are pretty much out of the hitting phase that plagued us for almost all of his twos, but with his threes, we are finding his need for independence coupled with his need for help to really turn him into a beast at times.  I remember these days with Leila (in fact she is still this way sometimes), so I know whats happening and try best to jump into whatever role is required (helper or stay out of the way), but he still loses it at least a couple times a day.  In addition, he is becoming more and more attached to me (which is sweet, but annoying at times); I'm pretty sure it is stemming from his new experience of going to "school" once a week.  He started out happy as can be on his first day and has slowly declined to having to be peeled off Matt's leg at drop-off.  Anyhow, he has plenty of adorable moments, and I love all the things he says these days (Me: "Did you hear what I said Bubba?"  Nathan: "I hear you loud and clear Mommy."), but he is also crazy.

Leila. Well, since my last post, she started Kindergarten and it went really well.  She loves it and loves her teacher.  BUT (of course there is a but!) after the first two days, she started getting nervous in the mornings, weepy at goodbyes, and even upset during her day (feeling a little overwhelmed I think.)  Long story short, she is doing much better now, but is still tired after a long day at school and often comes home with a total attitude.  She is also something of a perfectionist, which has been causing some tantrums that would win hands down in a tantrum contest if there was such a thing.  It's funny because she can seem grown up to me one moment and then I am reminded so quickly that she is still so little.  So what I'm saying is that she is adorable, sweet, and delightful most of the time, but she too is crazy.

And then there is little baby Zoe.  Possibly the craziest of all.  I call her my little spicy meatball if that is any indication of her personality.  She will be heard; she will get what she wants; she will not wait.  Unbelievably, she is just past 9 months old already, about the size of a one year old, and now crawling, feeding herself, clapping, and waving bye bye.  I love this age so much because she is interacting so much and so full of laughs and smiles.  But, along with being crazy cute...she is also a member of crazy town.

So, there you go...that is the update from the cuckoo's nest!


In love


Love this smile


Hanging out in her favorite summer spot


Last week of summer!  

Lunch date in the woods

Family trip to the Arboretum 

Finally made it to "the beach" 




This is how she rolls...posing with her Thai umbrella and puppy in a purse

On the move, almost crawling...


Big takes such good care of little

Our last lunch before school starts...we had ice cream!


Orientation with my Kindergartner

Walking the big girl to school

While Leila is in school, Bubba, Zoe, and I hit up Target...often.


 Bubba's orientation for PDO

Pizza night at River Woods (Leila's school)

Teeeeeth!  She LOVES eating.


Baby Bum!



Labor Day weekend...at The Fling!
Check out these two movie stars on the Ferris wheel!


Before:
 And During:

Bubba liked this one better.  Nice and slow and "no up and down."

Leila went solo on the motorcycle

And Bubba enjoyed the slllloooow bumper boats

Daring Leila and Daddy on the swings


What she does best!

One of her new skills...

This face 


9 months old


My tall buddy

Being big brotherly

Family selfie!

Natey's first day of PDO




A typical day in my house.  I told you it's a funny farm.

Block Party


Bubba suckered into wearing a dress.  Again.

Pony rides!


My spicy meatball

Leila at school.  Her teacher is so awesome and sends daily updates and even pictures sometimes!

Starting young...

Leila on the field as goalie.  She blocked all balls that day!

Fangs in time for Halloween!

At Sam's ballerina bday party

Almost crawling!

Trying to help little sis stand
 

Proud Redbird girls after their first Girl Scout meeting

Happy being pulled in the wagon

8 years for these two nuts!  Seriously, best decision I ever made was saying yes to this guy.

Goalie again.  She loves playing defense!

Love this pic of Daddy and his boy

Sweet baby girl

 First night in his big boy bed!  Sad to say goodbye to his crib, but loves his new bed.


Until the next time I get my act together....


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the reality of having 3 kids, 5 years and under! Believe it or not, these cuckoo days pass by quickly!

    ReplyDelete