Monday, July 15, 2013

Hellos, Goodbyes, and See Ya Laters

*Beware, this post is way too long.

I'm not doing great at keeping up with blogging this summer am I?!  Remember the days when I was recording Leila's every move?  I'm lucky if I remember all the highlights of each week nowadays and I'm afraid Nathan's developments at 21 months aren't getting the attention I'd like, but hey, I'm trying!  Now that I'm feeling better and summer is in full swing, we are busier than ever.  Leila, one month away from turning four, is becoming more and more helpful, independent, and comes up with the greatest things to say...as well as being sassy and continues to test my patience on an hourly basis.  She is really a great big sister most of the time, willing to help Nathan, and so looking forward to the new baby.  Her vocabulary continues to amaze me and her love of make believe remains strong.  Nathan, now 21 months, calls himself "Nathey," and is the cutest little boy I've ever known.  He is also extremely stubborn, throws tantrums now, and very, very, very active.  His vocabulary is growing by the day and I couldn't even begin to list all his words now.  He has a few phrases like, "Here you go," "Love you," Want that one," and "I'm scared."  He's at the stage where everything he says is cute or funny...I love it!  Although he is kind of rough and tough, he is such a sweetie too.  He loves to give Leila hugs, and still follows her everywhere, copying most things she says or does.  So, that's a quick update on my two loves...now onto pictures from the past several weeks.

Hello!  Summer is here and so are Oma and Papa Chuck!

Fishing!




Shopping with the girls...

Thanks to Lauren, we had family pictures taken!
There were way too many to choose from, but here are a few I love...







Great dinner at Meson Sabika.  
Leila joined the grown ups and did a great job!  She even tried mussels and clams, and liked them!


 Fun lunch at "All Aboard," a train themed restaurant.  
Bubba loved watching the "choo choo" deliver the food. 
"Choo Choo!!"

Bath night outside with Oma!  They loved it.


Buuubbbaaa!

Father's Day was spent just hanging out in the yard with Ama, Papa, Oma, and Papa Chuck.  
Matt smoked a pork shoulder and upon request, "misted" down Nathan...

Alot of naked time this summer...Leila shows off her baseball skills sans clothing.

What a beaut.

Happy Father's Day!  Best Daddy Ever.

Morning lounge in the grass...love Bubba's two different faces...


Mommy and her best buddy

Papa Chuck and Natey having a good time...

See Ya Later Oma and Papa Chuck...and hello afternoon s'mores at Ama and Papa's...

Leila, staying true to her dislike of being messy and dirty, kept herself clean during the process.  
Bubby, on the other hand...

Washing off in the pool


Next up, was our trip to Seattle!  After a long day of travel, we settled in at Casa Peterson circa 1954, and proceeded to have a great visit with all our loved ones.  Leila and Natey really loved all the attention and love they received from uncles, aunts, gmas, gpas, cousins, etc.

So excited for vacation!  See ya later, Chicago!


















Feeling a little cuckoo after the plane ride, followed by shuttle ride to rent our car...

Running free!

Finally to our destination!  I could have fallen asleep upon arrival, but the kids had other plans of running wild in grandpa's giant yard...

On a bunny hunt...


I spy a little boy off to explore...

First breakfast in town...had to be a the Pancake Corral!  Bubs loves it.















4th of July!  


Leila showing off her "bummy dance"...


Auntie soaking in her Leila time
Exploring with Uncle Mike














Enjoying some "Papa P chips"

High stakes game of "Duck, Duck, Goose."

A walk around "the farm" with Uncle Nick

This is how us Petersons do a party.  Music provided by a car stereo...

Good times

Starting this night, Natey began his nightly ritual of giving himself a dirt bath.

And we started ours of an outdoor spray down before bedtime!


Day 2:  We tried a morning touristy outing.  We rode up to the top of the Space Needle, where Leila was disappointed to find out we wouldn't be seeing the Wheedle.  The view was pretty as always, but the kids weren't impressed.

On top of the Needle



Back down again...

Lunch at the Crabpot with the fam...

Family picture outside of Pike Place Market

Wiped out on the way home...

 Next up, Day 3, and our much anticipated reunion with the Oberhofer clan!  Cousins reunite!

You would have thought these girls have been friends forever...Lola and Leila instantly bonded.

Lola, Finn, and Leila celebrate their 4th birthday together with some ice cream cake!

Hanging out

 Slip 'n' slide!

 Even Matt joined in!

Nate and Cooper play a game of horse shoes...

Oma, soaking in her extra time with the kiddos.  

Attempted cousin picture #1

Attempt #101 (I skipped posting the other 100 shots I took...)


Last day...beach day!

So sweet.

Excited by the splashing waves...creeped out by all the dead little fish washing ashore!

Papa Rog joined us for a quick visit

Nick and Natasha take their turn babysitting...

Then, Mike and Kelsey...

Then, Nick again (I love having all these Aunts and Uncles around!)...

 Random shots from other days...
Leila bustin' a move to her own music

Nap time...wait, I'm the only one sleeping!

Football with "Dougie" (Natey has decided to call every Uncle he has Dougie...score one for Uncle Doug)

Sprinkler action

Believe it or not, there were more pictures than I posted!  We've had a great few weeks enjoying summer and family.  Leila is so sensitive and said the sweetest thing as we were saying goodbye to someone in Seattle..."I don't like saying goodbye to so many people."  And yes, it sucks saying to goodbye, but it makes all our memories together extra special.  And actually, in her dramatic fashion, Leila has now turned saying goodbye to even inanimate objects a torturous experience.  She cried for 15 minutes while saying goodbye to our rental car, and since we've been home it's been a painful goodbye to her goggles at the pool, as well as many other things.  Gotta laugh or I'd go crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment