Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Want Out.

Okay, so I really shouldn't be complaining.  Winter hasn't been so bad.  We've had mostly mild temps and only a couple of snowfalls, but enough with the colds, flues, coughing, puking, and being stuck in the house 24/7!!!  I'm over winter and never been so excited to get out of town for our annual AZ trip (yea, yea, I probably say that every year...but seriously, I'm about to go Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" on everyone here!)


One exciting highlight from the past couple of weeks was a visit from Jaimie!  It is always nice to have someone around to help entertain the kids, but having Jaimie around is extra fun because she is like a kid herself and comes up with ideas I'd have never thought of to keep the kids occupied and happy.  Her excitement over the snow (because she never sees any in LA) even made me kinda like it again!  From building castles out of cardboard to teaching Leila how to "snowboard" on her sled, she had us all smiling through her stay.

My sassy girly

Besties

King of the castle

Close quarters...

 Kinda freaked out at the Children's Museum

The box castle is loved by all



Out in the snow again...she said the snow tasted like Parmesan cheese. 

Little Bear


Jaim and Leila resting after lots of sledding.  This pictures makes me happy.


Lucky for Jaimie, she hit the weekend in between two sick spells!  The stomach bug had just come to an end upon her arrival, and only a few days after her departure a new spell hit.  Bubby ended up with pneumonia and an ear infection, while Leila and I have been hit by a vicious cold AGAIN.  Not only did Bubs end up sick, but he also suffered from a febrile seizure the same way Leila did at nearly the exact same age!  Luckily I new what was happening and didn't panic as badly as I did when Leila went through hers, but nevertheless, it was still terrifying for me.

During our few days of wellness, Leila enjoyed participating in her school's "Big Run," as part of a month dedicated to educating the kids about health and fitness.  She was suppose to wear something wacky,  but refused to wear anything that wasn't pretty...although I guess you could argue that wearing a tutu to run is kind of wacky...

Water break after two laps...

On the move again...


Getting her ribbon for finishing


 Her class:  Team Tacky!


And back to being cooped up in the house...

My two couch potatoes zoned out on some TV.

 Morning reading...


One of our many art project sessions...


Oh, and I forgot to mention that sandwiched in between the two sick weekends, Leila ended up getting her head stuck in our staircase banisters...and no, I didn't get a picture of it!  She was freaking out, I was trying everything to get her out, and ended up hammering and sawing off one of the spindles with a kitchen knife.  Yea, I'm ready for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment