Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Balancing Act

Balance.  It's a difficult thing when you have two kids.  Do I play princess with Leila?  Or read to Bubby?  Do I do an art project with Leila?  Or do I wrestle with Bubs?  You would think maybe I could combine these activities and play with both of them at the same time, right?  Well, yes, for a few magical moments each day this works out, but there are many un-magical moments when their age difference (among other factors) just doesn't allow for cooperation.  And so, I'm usually left feeling somewhat guilty that I'm ignoring one.  Thus, this question of balance trickles over to my blog.  I think over this past year I've tried to be extra sensitive to giving Bubby's firsts and his triumphs just as much attention as I gave Leila's (which is probably hard to match since all I had to think about was her before), but in doing so, sometimes I feel like I'm forgetting to pay that same attention to Leila now.  Updates on her advancements are fewer and further between, but she is doing and saying new things all the time and I just don't report them.  I know, I know, poor little Leila never gets attention right?  Wrong.  The great part about my battle with balance is that I think it just exists within my own head, and the kids are relatively unscathed...and in reality it's probably helping them learn valuable lessons of life...right?

A moment of magical peace with their blankies.


What's up with these two?!  Crazy excited to put the angel on the tree I guess...

Up she goes!


 Decorating with my cuties














Bubs new favorite activity...he seriously spends most of his play time each day "sweeping."  
Also notice his new "cheese" face...

My two housekeepers

Sunday morning comics with Daddy

The annual cookie bake keeps growing...

 So fun watching our kids play together!  


And now a special segment titled, "Bath Time with Two Kids."

We recently started doing Leila and Bubby's bath together to try and save time in the bedtime routine.  Like most playtime with them, it's hit or miss on whether they like it or hate it.

They like it (I swear he was laughing here)...                                    He hates it...

Cheese!

"Who is this crazy girl?!"

"Umm, is anyone going to help me?"

"Someone!!!"



1 comment:

  1. holy moly - for the first time I see that Leila and I are related. That angel 'excitement' face is very similar to something Slow would do...
    You can send the babies to our place to clean - it needs a good sweeping/dusting and we're always down for utilizing adorable free labor.

    ReplyDelete